Freelance Writer, Editor, 2013-Present
* Creating web and print editorial projects that keep audiences engaged and draw fresh attention to the cause, product, or publication.
* Recent clients include FamilyPsychConsumer.com, Consumers Union advocacy team, investopedia.com, L’EtageMagazine.com, Hastings Center for Bioethics, Next Avenue, On the Issues, Health Data Initiative.
Consumer Reports, Editorial Director, Health & Family, 1999-2013
* Led a staff of 17 reporters, editors, physicians and other experts to produce stellar news, lifestyle, investigative, testing, and ratings content for digital, print and video media products.
* Consumer Reports health cover stories were top newsstand sellers. Boosted the circulation of Consumer Reports on Health newsletter from 230,000 to 800,000 in six years.
*Created and launched Food & Fitness, an annual lifestyle magazine, which sold over 200,000 copies on the newsstand.
* Appeared regularly as a spokesperson on the NBC Today Show, CBS Early Show, CNN, MSNBC, CR-TV, and in numerous speaking engagements.
CEO, Ronni Sandroff & Associates, Inc. 1989-1999
* Specialized in editorial start-ups and relaunches.
* Held top editorial positions at:
On The Issues, a quarterly political magazine on women’s issues.
Oncology Times, a monthly newspaper for cancer doctors, J.B. Lippincott, Philadelphia, MessageS, a monthly newsletter and Website about multiple sclerosis, Berlex Pharmaceuticals,
Medica, a bimonthly lifestyle magazine for women doctors, Pharmaceutical Media, 1985-1988.
* Published widely in major magazines, such as Life, New York Times Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Women’s Day and Working Woman.
Alfred A. Knopf, two works of fiction
Consumer Reports on Health
Dance Retail News
Dr. Oz The Good Life
Food & Fitness
Getting It Gazette
Hastings Center Report
Health After 50
New York Times Magazine
On The Issues: Feminist Quarterly
Fellowship, Breadloaf Writers Conference
Page One Deadline Award, New York Newspaper Guild
American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 2 Awards
Sigma Delta Chi Journalism Society Public Interest Journalism Award
American Academy of Dermatology Award
National Mental Health Association Award
Sigma Delta Chi Journalism society Public Interest Journalism Award
National Vaccine Safety Award
Hunter College, Bronx, New York. A.B. Degree
Writers Workshop, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa. M.A. in English.
University of San Francisco, Internet Marketing Course, 2011
A dynamic take-charge editor available to create editorial for quality publications and good causes. Excellent collaborator and team builder.